Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: a entertainment center, in excellent condition,
$50.00; a fake
ACREAGE FOR SALE IN LONG PINE: House with full basement, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the basement could be made into an additional three bedrooms. The home includes 3 acres with pasture, horse shelter and barn, corral, large shop, underground sprinkler system, own well, homemade 24x24x8-1/2 pond with a rubber liner and is stocked with catfish and bass. The home is located on the edge of town so you can have livestock. Only serious inquires please. Call 660-723-5909 or 660-723-5910 and leave a message if no answer.
* Coming soon to Ainsworth – maintenance-free, 55-and-over housing. Each unit is ground level, and features two bedrooms, one bath, a garage, private patio, kitchen appliances and a washer and dryer. Lawn care and snow removal is included. Meetings for interested potential tenants have been scheduled for 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 5, in the Ainsworth Conference Center. If you are potentially interested in a maintenance-free place to call home, plan to attend on Feb. 5. For more information, call the North Central Development Center at 402-387-2740.
*Looking for a place to board a couple horses.
Please call (402) 387-9909.
*Looking to buy: a recliner power lift chair.
Please call (402) 760-1981.
*Help Wanted: full time employment
opportunity as revenue cycle manager is
*Help Wanted: a full time employment opportunity as a patient accounts
* Beck's Well and Irrigation is looking to expand its team. Beck's is seeking a qualified applicant with a CDL license or the ability to obtain one, and a clean driving record. Pay is based on previous experience and capabilities. Benefits include health insurance, a 401K, sick leave and paid vacation. Send a resume to Beck's Well and Irrigation, PO Box 27, Ainsworth, NE 69210, or call 402-387-2052.
* Northern Plains Supply Company in Bassett is
seeking to hire a full time
* Now Hiring - Daniels Manufacturing Company in
Ainsworth has positions
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Melchers Herefords will sell 35 stout fall yearling Hereford bulls during its annual private treaty bull sale at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29, at the ranch near Page. For sale information, contact Don at 402-336-7184 or Kevin at 402-340-6189.
* Diamond Lazy J Ranch, Greg & Tim Nollette, will hold its annual production bull sale at 5 p.m. MST Saturday, Jan. 31, in the Nenzel Community Building. Thirteen ranch-raised Angus and Balancer coming 2-year old bulls will sell via video. Bulls can be viewed from 1 until 4:30 p.m. A complimentary dinner and refreshments will follow the sale.
* The Clifford Assarsson
retirement auction is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, at the
place 9 miles south of Ainsworth to milepost 35, then 2 miles west.
There are not a lot of small items so those who plan to attend are
encouraged to be on time. View the complete listing online at
The sale is being conducted by Heartland Auction of Bassett.
* The Mike Sitz Angus Ranch production bull sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2, in the Burwell Livestock Market. Selling will be 75 top coming 2-year-old Angus bulls. For more information go to www.mikesitzangus.com.
* The 28th annual Dickau Angus bull sale will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4, at the Bassett Livestock Auction. Selling will be 125 2-year-old Angus bulls. For sale information and a catalog, call Edwin at 402-244-5454 or Matt at 402-684-3282.
* Dan Clapper will sell 38 yearling Angus bulls at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6, at the ranch 9 miles west of Ainsworth and 15 miles south on Moon Lake Avenue. A complimentary lunch will be served at noon. For more information on the bulls, contact Dan Clapper at 402-387-2667.
* The Upstream Ranch annual production sale is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, at the ranch north of Taylor, south of Bassett on Highway 183. Selling will be 300 registered coming 2-year-old and fall yearling bulls and 55 registered bred heifers. The sale will also be broadcast on Rural TV through Superior Production and DV Auctions. For more information, visit www.upstreamcattle.com.
* The Logterman Family Ranch hosts its annual Hereford and Angus bull sale at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 9, in the Valentine Livestock Auction. Selling will be 160 Hereford and Angus bulls and 90 bred heifers. For more information, call Dwight Logterman at 605-429-3209.
Appointments for the upcoming Antique Market and Road
* The 38th annual Koupal Angus bull sale is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 16, at the ranch 3 miles south and three-quarters of a mile east of Dante, S.D. Selling will be 160 yearling bulls, 25 aged bulls, and 50 registered and commercial heifers. For catalog information, go online to www.koupalangus.com.
* The Minert-Simonson Angus Ranch of Dunning is holding its annual performance bull sale at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at the ranch near Dunning. Selling will be 140 yearling bulls.
* The Pischel Simmental Ranch will sell 45 ranch-raised bulls on Friday, March 13, at the Verdigre Livestock Market. Selling will be 43 black and two red Simmental bulls. For more information, contact Rob Pischel at 402-394-7200.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* To give away: an
entertainment center. It's at 162 N. Oak in the alley on
*Ainsworth Alumni would like to remind everyone
that Alumni Weekend is just
* Get your pet licensed! The licenses are due in Ainsworth by Jan. 31, 2015. You must provide the certification of Rabies vaccination from your veterinarian.
* Amy Jo and Robert Gillam of Independence, Mo., are the parents of a baby boy, Alexander Daniel Gillam, born at 6:32 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 15. Alexander checked in at 8 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 19 inches in length. Grandparents in this are Roland and Rita Paddock of Ainsworth.
* Mark and Codi Sedlacek of Johnstown are the parents of a baby boy, Blake Carter Sedlacek, born at 12:45 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 8, in the Cherry County Hospital at Valentine. Blake Carter checked in at 8 pounds, 5 ounces and measured 20-1/2 inches in length. He will be joined at home by big brother Tristan. Grandparents are Duane and Joyce Sedlacek of Johnstown, and Jeff and Cindee Staub of Thedford.
* Nathan and Kristin Johnson of Ainsworth are the parents of a baby boy, Carter Allen Johnson, born at 12:17 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 3, in the Cherry County Hospital. Carter checked in at 8 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 21-1/4 inches in length. Grandparents are Mark and Chris Johnson of Ainsworth, Troy Bauer of Cozad, and Rhonda Bauer of Lexington. Great-grandparents are Ann Appelt of Ainsworth, Brent and Karen Johnson of Johnstown, Larry and Joyce Bauer of Lexington, and Ron and Maxine Singer of Lexington.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. (United States Marine Corps stationed at Okinawa until May 2016). Updated Dec. 12, 2014.
LCpl Goodloe, Aaron
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated - November 6, 2014).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. (Army) (Updated November 6, 2014.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Dr.
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated November 6, 2014)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, Jared is in the Air Force and stationed in Italy. (updated - November 6, 2014)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, Drake is in the Air Force. (updated-November 6, 2014).
SrA Drake Fiala
116 Abigail Lane
Panama City, FL 32404
* Updated address for Justin Imm, Justin is in the Navy. (Address updated November 6, 2014).
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO / AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated - November 6, 2014)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Patrick Anderson, (Army) - (updated, November 6 2014). Patrick is Stationed in at Fort Hood, TX.
P.O. Box 405
Killeen, TX 76540