Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
*For Sale: Angus Bulls and a John Deere Riding Lawnmower in excellent condition, call 402-760-1023
HOME FOR SALE:
ACREAGE FOR SALE IN LONG PINE: House with full basement, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the basement could be made into an additional three bedrooms. The home includes 3 acres with pasture, horse shelter and barn, corral, large shop, underground sprinkler system, own well, homemade 24x24x8-1/2 pond with a rubber liner and is stocked with catfish and bass. The home is located on the edge of town so you can have livestock. Only serious inquires please. Call 660-723-5909 or 660-723-5910 and leave a message if no answer.
*Wanted to buy: a large, clear, glass punchbowl. Call (402)
* Prom is just around the corner and the decorating committee is looking for any bright colored fabric scraps that people may have and would like to donate. Big scraps, little scraps, we will gladly take them all. Purple, fuscia, orange, gold, and turquoise are the colors we are looking for. Scraps can be dropped off at KBRB or you can call Roxanne Philben at 402-387-1374. Please leave message if no answer.
* Beck's Well and Irrigation is looking to expand its team. Beck's is seeking a qualified applicant with a CDL license or the ability to obtain one, and a clean driving record. Pay is based on previous experience and capabilities. Benefits include health insurance, a 401K, sick leave and paid vacation. Send a resume to Beck's Well and Irrigation, PO Box 27, Ainsworth, NE 69210, or call 387-2052.
* The city of Ainsworth is accepting applications for a full-time position. The position will perform duties as needed in the city, water and parks departments. The city of Ainsworth is also accepting applications for seasonal employment for the swimming pool, park, sanitation and maintenance departments. Wages are based on qualifications and experience. Applications are available in the city office at 606 E. Fourth St. Contact the city office for more information at 402-387-2494. The city of Ainsworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Help Wanted: Cottonwood Villa, Ainsworth currently has a part time position available as a dinning room aide. For more information, stop in and visit with Ann Fiala or call 402-387-1000.
* Help Wanted: A full time medication aide position is now available at
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Dennis and Sandra Garwood at Green Valley Cattle will host their 25th annual bull sale at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7, at the ranch 16 miles southwest of Atkinson. Selling will be 150 "cow-maker" bulls, including 93 Angus and 57 Maine and Maine hybrid bulls. View the sale catalog online at www.greenvalleycattle.com.
* Hay Country Angus will conduct its 12th annual production bull sale at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, in the Atkinson Livestock Market. Selling will be 26 fall yearlings, 25 spring yearlings and one 2-year-old bull, all Angus. Buyers can bid online at www.cattleusa.com.
* The Vin-Mar Cattle Company of Gordon is holding its annual bull sale at 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, in the Sheridan Livestock Auction at Gordon. Selling will be 95 Angus and 20 Hereford bulls. For more information, call Vince Bickel at 308-360-0336. View the bulls online at www.vinmarcattle.net.
* The Pischel Simmental Ranch will sell 45 ranch-raised bulls on Friday, March 13, at the Verdigre Livestock Market. Selling will be 43 black and two red Simmental bulls. For more information, contact Rob Pischel 394-7200.
* Seevers Angus of Anselmo and the Fred Ranch of Rose are holding their annual joint production sale at 1:30 p.m. March 21 in the Burwell Livestock Market. Selling will be reputation Angus and Charolais bulls. View the bulls online at www.seeversangus.com and www.fredranch.com.
LOST & FOUND:
*Lost dog. Lab/red heeler cross. Named Daisy. Lost
from the South Osborn
TO GIVE AWAY:
*ABS sponsored AI school at Bassett Livestock on April 9, 10, and 11th. For more information, contact Bob Huffman at 402-760-1023
*Need Financial Aid? The Weller Foundation Can
Help! If you re a high
* Robbie Ashcraft and Nikki Young of Ainsworth are the parents of a baby boy, Jamesin Gage, born Wednesday, Feb. 25, in the Avera St. Anthony's Hospital at O'Neill. Jamesin weighed in at 3 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 16-3/4 inches in length. Grandparents are Steve and Andrea Walz of Ainsworth, Becky Ashcraft of Sallisaw, Okla., and Jeff and Suzanne Hoffmeier of Las Vegas, Nev.
* Luca and Sheri Papini of Sioux Falls, S.D., are the parents of a baby girl, Aria Jane Papini, born on Sunday, Feb. 22, in the Avera Sioux Falls Hospital. Aria checked in at 6 pounds, 2 ounces and measured 19 inches in length. Grandparents are Jean Stenka of Ainsworth, and Renzo and Francesca Papini of Italy.
* Matt and Jen Lentz of Ainsworth are the parents of a baby girl, Iris Marie Lentz, born Friday, Feb. 20, in the Avera St. Anthony's Hospital at O'Neill. Iris checked in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 18-1/2 inches in length. She is welcomed home by siblings Graham and Stella. Grandparents are Mike and Maria Curlo of Ashton, and Dan and Alane Lentz of Ainsworth. Great-grandparents are Alozy and Darlene Spotanski of Loup City, Jim and Jean Curlo of Ashton, and LaVonne Lippold of Ainsworth.
* Brady and Kasey Foster of Bassett are the parents of a baby girl, Reese Irene Foster, born Monday, Feb. 16, in the Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Reese checked in at 5 pounds, 4-3/4 ounces and measured 17-1/2 inches in length. Grandparents are Mike and Jan Foster of Bassett, and John and Deb Pelster of Burwell.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. (United States Marine Corps stationed at Okinawa until May 2016). Updated Dec. 12, 2014.
LCpl Goodloe, Aaron
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated - November 6, 2014).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. (Army) (Updated November 6, 2014.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Dr.
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated November 6, 2014)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, Jared is in the Air Force and stationed in Italy. (updated - November 6, 2014)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, Drake is in the Air Force. (updated-November 6, 2014).
SrA Drake Fiala
116 Abigail Lane
Panama City, FL 32404
* Updated address for Justin Imm, Justin is in the Navy. (Address updated November 6, 2014).
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO / AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated - November 6, 2014)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Patrick Anderson, (Army) - (updated, November 6 2014). Patrick is Stationed in at Fort Hood, TX.
P.O. Box 405
Killeen, TX 76540