Visitors to the KBRB web site may listen to live newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and all local sports.
Weekday Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: The city of Ainsworth is seeking an administrative assistant. The administrative assistant would be expected to perform a large variety of complex office duties, administrative procedures in the operation of the city office, and carry out public relations tasks including receiving office visits and phone calls, furnishing information as requested, answering questions regarding licenses and utility bills, as well as receiving payments and other related tasks while working with the assistant city clerk under the supervision of the city administrator. Eligible candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, maintain a positive and professional demeanor, have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail, be willing and able to learn and utilize the city’s accounting and utility billing software, possess basic accounts receivable knowledge and be able to multi-task. The city of Ainsworth offers a competitive wage and benefits package including health, dental and life insurance as well as participation in a retirement plan with employer-match benefits. Applications may be obtained from the city office. Applications with resume may be submitted to the City of Ainsworth, PO Box 165, Ainsworth, NE 69210. Applications will be taken until the position is filled. The city of Ainsworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Help Wanted: Dana F Cole and Company, LLP in Ainsworth is looking for a full time accounting assistant to join their team in providing monthly bookkeeping services for their clients in addition to clerical and receptionist duties. Competitive wage along with excellent benefits. Experience with Excel, Word and Quickbooks preferred. Associates degree in accounting or bookkeeping experience a plus. Resumes may be sent to DFC, PO Box 146, Ainsworth, Nebraska 69210 or email your resume to email@example.com. Dana F. Cole and Company, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
* Help Wanted: Make a difference in their patients lives! Brown County Hospital is seeking a full time cook who wants to ensure their patients are being cared for with excellence, compassion and integrity. Their team prides themselves in providing exceptional dining experiences. If you like to cook and enjoy helping others, apply NOW! Must be willing to work morning and evening shifts, rotating weekends and holidays. Weekend pay differential and a comprehensive benefit package is offered. If you're interested in this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
* Help Wanted: Pozehl Construction is looking to fill full time positions. They cover almost all areas of repair and renovation so construction/carpentry experience is a plus. To learn more or if interested in applying, call Matt Pozehl at 760-1531. If no answer please leave a message.
* Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center Nursing Home in Ainsworth is seeking Dietary Cooks and Dietary Aides to join their team. At the Sandhills Care Center they seek to enhance the quality of life by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner. If you enjoy cooking…providing nourishing food to their residents is a rewarding position. For a full job description go to www.sandhillscarecenter.com and click on Employment Opportunities. That’s where you can also download the application or you’re more than welcome to stop in at the Sandhills Care Center to pick up an application. Come be a part of a growing facility. The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth.
* Help Wanted: If you would like to be a part of a growing team and make a difference in the elder community, The Sandhills Care Center has an immediate opening for a Charge Nurse RN – day position. Competitive wage, plus bonus, shift differentials, health/dental and vision insurance. Associates degree or diploma from an accredited college or university in nursing required, bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. Experience in a health care environment that includes acute care, skilled rehabilitation, skilled nursing or long term care preferred. For more information on the Charge Nurse position please call 387-1294 and visit with Chelsea Hladky. Applications can be completed online at www.sandhillscarecenter.com.
* For Sale: CuisineArt Toaster Oven with steam function. Also for Sale is a 3rd seat out of a 1999 Ford Expedition. Gray in color, never used. Call 382-3310 after 5 p.m.
* For Sale: 2 basement windows. One is brand new, the other slightly used. Both same size and style. They do have screens on them and both swing out for that fresh fall air! They are “Patriot” brand 31&3/4” x 22”, sku number is 4034920. Take home BOTH windows for just $200. To purchase these or for more information call Randy Rau at 387-1002.
* For Sale: 2 tickets to the Husker homecoming game vs. Rutgers this Saturday in Lincoln. Kickoff is at 2:30 p.m. Call 760-0608 OR 684-3348.
* For Sale: a 5 bedroom, 1&3/4 bathroom home conveniently located near the school and grocery store. Main level has 3 bedrooms and a newly remodeled bathroom with a kitchen place kitchen, new carpet and a laundry facility. The basement has 2 bedrooms and ¾ bath also has a fully functional kitchen and laundry facility. Upgrades include electrical, furnace and air conditioning all within the last 4 years as well as new egress windows. All applicances included. The home has an underground sprinkler system and fenced in backyard with storage shed. The property would make a wonderful family home or investment property as the basement has previously been used as an apartment. Asking $130,000. For more information contact Michelle by calling 760-1257.
* The Bassett Housing Authority provides affordable, safe housing to qualifying families and individuals. They offer spacious family units as well as 1 bedroom apartments all furnished with stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. Utilities paid, snow removal, lawn care and maintenance included. Income guidelines do apply. To be put on the list as units become available or for more information call The Bassett Housing Authority at 684-3329. Their party room is available to the public for rent, very reasonable at just $15. So if you need a convenient venue to hold a meeting or a party call The Bassett Housing Authority to reserve the date for their party room. Again that number is 684-3329. Deb is in the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If no answer, please leave a message and she will get back to you.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Tasler Auction Service is now taking consignments for the upcoming "Boy Toy" Auction (girls are welcome to) that will be held on Saturday, September 30. Consign early!
* Looking for local talent volunteers: The Activities Department at the Sandhills Care Center is looking for entertainment for Friday afternoons. This could include but is not limited to one-man bands, groups that play instruments, singers, piano players, etc. Any volunteers that would be willing to provide entertainment to the residents. If you or someone you know may be interested, please call Macey at 387-1294. As always – if you have a special talent, are a member of an organization or would just like to spend some time volunteering please contact Macey in activities to get something set up!
* Come to the Ainsworth Pizza Hut for Benefit Buffet on Thursday, September 21 from 5 until 8 p.m. Enjoy salads, pizza, pasta, breadsticks, dessert - the whole shebang! This Benefit Buffet will help defer medical and travel expenses for Robert Jackson of Bassett who was diagnosed in April 2017 with appendix cancer. So plan on coming to the Ainsworth Pizza Hut for the Benefit Buffet for Robert Jackson this Thursday, from 5 until 8 p.m. Helping a friend battle cancer and eating amazing food makes for a fulfilling night.
* Keys Canning and Crafts will be at the UCC Church in Brewster, 215 Lincoln Ave. on Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. BOTH DAYS. Over 60 varieties of homemade jams and jellies including sandcherry, chokecherry, elderberry and wild plum. New flavors include Dr. Pepper Jelly, more jalapeno combinations and new “no sugar” varieties. Anita also has homemade denim hotpads including some new fall and western prints, ruffled scarves and seersucker baby receiving blankets. She’s made lots of sleeveless kimonos and vests. Make sure to stop by the church in Brewster if you go junk jaunting this weekend. You’re always welcome to call or email Anita if you’d like to place an order. Phone 308-834-3379. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Ready to find safe, effective and affordable natural healthcare solutions? Don’t miss Doterra Essential Oils and the Nurse this Thursday, Sept. 21, 5 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Bassett. Come check out the new Doterra products, learn about the tremendous health benefits of essential oils and how you can take control of your health with the help of safe, natural and effective remedies for colds, energy, flu, ear infection, headaches, anxiety asthma, joint pain and so much more! Have some fun and you’ll even earn a free “welcome gift” for joining. Doterra – better health and wellness through essential oils this Thursday, 5 p.m. in Bassett. An event will also be held on Monday, September 25 in Brewster at Uncle Buck’s Lodge at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to either or BOTH events.
* Back by Popular Demand - Ainsworth Pink Lady Dart League "Singing for hope" Karaoke Idol Contest continues their qualifying rounds this Saturday night, September 23 from 9 until 10:30 p.m. at Meadville. Step up to the mic for your chance to qualify for the finals coming up October 28. Where the winners from each qualifying round will be there competing to be crowned this year's champion. Those qualified so far include: individually, Chuck Daniels, Aedan Coutts, Jason Nelson, Graig Kinzie and Cheri Coutts and Cheri and Aeden Coutts, qualifying with a duet. Come on out and enjoy the fun - vote for your favorites. Proceeds go to help cancer victims right here in our area. If you have questions call Debbie Gillam at 760-0186 or Kathy Worrell at 760-2766.
* Need CPR certification? There will be an American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers (EMTs, RNs, CNAs, etc.) on Wednesday, September 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Ainsworth Fire Department meeting room, Instructors will be Mike Rudnick and Leann Maxwell. Cost of the class is just $40. Please notify Mike or Leann if you plan to attend. Do you need the Heart Saver version of CPR and First Aid? This class would be for general public and day-care providers. Mike is tentatively planning a class for Sunday, October 1, 2 p.m. This is dependent on having at least 6 people needing the class. Cost is $40. Let Mike Rudnick know ASAP if you plan to attend so materials can be obtained, phone 760-2717.
* Contact Info for the 9th Annual Riders Unite for the Fight Against Cancer on Saturday, Sept. 30.
Sandhills Iron Horse Riders: meet at Silver Circle at noon. Questions call Penny Waits at 382-8152.
Horseback Trail Ride: meet at Pine Ridge Ranch. Questions call Diette Glen at 382-8106.
Sandhills Wheels Car Club: meet at Shopko at 2:30 p.m. Questions call Phil Fuchs at 382-1044
ATV/UTV Trail Ride: Time/location TBA. Questions call Diette Glen at 382-8106
Social Hour that evening at 5:30 p.m. Free Will donation Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Silent and Live Auctions: Ranch-Land Auction Service - Mike Baxter Auctioneer. To donate auction items call: Becky 760-0111, Diette 382-8106, or Julie 760-2804.
* Join the Springview Spitfires in fighting cancer! Coming up October 17 the North Central Knights volleyball team will play host to Sandhills/Thedford at the Springview Gym. Come cheer on your team and join the fight against cancer – it’s a PINK OUT! Support the fight by ordering your Tshirt today for just $20. You can order these shirts through your school. But hurry – deadline is October 5. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Order your: “Tougher than Cancer – U-Knighted Together” shirt from your school today and mark your calendars for the “Pink Out” coming up on October 17 – it’s hosted by the Springview Spitfires!
LOST & FOUND:
* Lost: a tire/rim off of a trailer on the Moonlake Road. He thinks somewhere between Enders and O’Hares. If found please call Al Hodge at 402-387-2778. If no answer please leave a message.
* Found: a kitten in Long Pine. Probably 6-8 months old. Grey and cream with white paws. Call 273-4395 to claim.
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Brady and Karen Andrews of Huron, S.D., are the parents of a baby boy, Waylon John Andrews, born at 3:12 p.m. Sept. 7. Waylon weighed in at 9 pounds, 8 ounces. He is welcomed by big sister Madilynn. Grandparents are Glen and Sissy Sterling of Huron, John and Ronda Duncan of Sioux Falls, S.D., and Terry and Erica Andrews of Erickson. Great-grandparents are Charley Donason of Long Pine, Joe and Wilma Andrews of Bassett, and Lawrence and Hilma Ryken of Canton, S.D.
* Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
NORTHEAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE NON-CREDIT CLASS
BEGINNING PAINTING. No painting experience necessary. The instructor will demonstrate various brushstrokes and techniques while you work with acrylic paint on an 8x10 ready-to-hang canvas. You will learn color mixing, composition, line, shape, and form all while creating your background for your next piece of art. You will complete this painting in Level II painting: Pumpkins and Flowers. This class is great for teens and adults. We bring all of the supplies! Tues., 6:30-8:30 pm at Ainsworth High School-Art Room. Instr. Beckman. $26.50
September 26 (ARTS5163/17F) CRN#60399
BASIC COMPUTERS I. Learn the basics of using a computer. You will begin with skills such as powering the computer on and off, using a mouse and keyboard, utilizing the desktop and launching programs. This class will be taught at a very relaxed pace with significant hands-on practice, and is appropriate for the person with very limited computer knowledge or none at all. Thurs., 5:30-7 pm at ESU #17 Technology Building. Instr. Martinez. $30
September 28-October 5 (INFO5105/17F) CRN#60404
PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS. Creating really fun and fabulous pumpkins out of dollar store pumpkins or gourds! A just for fun night so the mess is not in your house. Materials to bring: glue gun, fabric (lace, cotton, etc.), fake fall flowers, and anything to embellish your pumpkin. Make sure to wear a paint shirt or old clothes. Sat., 10:30-12:30 pm at Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church. Instr. Beckman. $25
September 30 (HOEC5135/17F) CRN#60400
PRINTMAKING 101. Learn techniques of mono-printmaking with overlays paint, pen work, and stamping. You will create a piece appropriate for a large greeting card or for framing. All supplies are provided. A fun, messy class to do with your friends! Make sure to wear a paint shirt or old clothes. Tues., 6:30-8:30 pm at Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church. Instr. Beckman. $35.00
October 17 (HOEC5135/17F) CRN#60402
PAINTING LEVEL II. A follow-up to the beginning painting class held September 26th. In this class you will finish your piece of art, and you will be making a one-of-a-kind painting of a pumpkin and flower on your canvas. Come learn how to apply color, create form, and shading. Pre-requisite: Beginning Painting. Tues., 6:30-8:30 pm at Ainsworth High School-Art Room. Instr. Beckman. $30.00
October 10 (ARTS5163/17F) CRN#60401