Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: a Brother Fax Machine/Copier. Works Well. $50. Call KBRB Radio, 402-387-1400.
* KBRB has office space available. Anyone interested in office space can contact Graig Kinzie at 387-1400. KBRB’s rental rates are extremely competitive, and all utilities are included.
*Looking for: an older Lazy Boy recliner chair to buy. Call 402-273-4144. If no answer, please leave a message.
* Looking for: a good kids horse. Full grown (no pony’s), well broke, reasonably priced. Call Al Hodge at 402-387-2778. If no answer please leave a message with the information.
* Help Wanted: Plains Equipment Group is accepting applications for agricultural technicians in Ainsworth. In this position, the technician will perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural equipment is required. Applications can be completed on line at www.plainseg.com. Plains equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer.
* The Brown County Commissioners are accepting applications for the weed superintendent position. The weed superintendent is responsible for identifying and managing all noxious weeds in the county, and working with property owners to eradicate noxious weeds on private property. Applicants for the position must be able to obtain a commercial applicator license. Applications, which are due Jan. 31, are available from the Brown County Clerk’s office.
* Plains Equipment Group is accepting applications for agricultural technicians in Ainsworth. In this position, the technician will perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment is required. Applications can be completed online at www.plainseg.com. Plains Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer.
* Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital Long Term Care in Bassett has an immediate opening for a CNA. Competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package available. For more information on this position please call Brittany DeVall Heyden at 402-684-2991 or you can download the application online by going to www.rockcountyhospital.com, click on the HR tab. The Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska. They continue to be a legacy of caring.
* Help Wanted: Various openings are available at Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth. They are now accepting openings for the maintenance director, Charge LPN, Charge RN, CNAs, medication aides, cook, dietary aides, housekeepers and laundry aides. Interested individuals can contact Stephanie Rucker by calling 402-387-1294 or fill out an application online at www.sandhillscarecenter.com.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Turn your used equipment into cash. BigIron is now taking consignments for upcoming sales. Online auctions every Wednesday. Call Logan Leonard your area BigIron representative at 402-925-8184 to consign.
* Absolute Auction – Boettcher Sandhills Ranch Absolute Auction will be held Thursday, Dec. 8, in the Atkinson Community Center. Sale time is 1:30 p.m. 2,656 acres – quality Sandhills range land. For more information visit www.lashleyland.com or call April Good at 402-322-0770.
* The Winter Sports schedules are IN at Buckles Automotive on Main Street in Ainsworth. Make sure to stop in to pick yours up!
* They’re kicking off the Holiday Season with a BAND! Boot scootin’ knee slappin, finger snappin’ live music this Saturday night – it’s Denim Blue playing from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Make sure to come early and come hungry – There will be food and drink specials and you’re always welcome to go ahead and order off their menu of favorites. So much fun to be had – so come celebrate the holiday season this Saturday night at the L-Bow Room in Johnstown the live band Denim Blue takes the stage from 9 p.m. until 1 p.m.
* Don’t miss the Holiday Preview this Saturday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Community Center in Ainsworth. A great time to finish your Christmas shopping OR pick something out for yourself. A great group of Vendors offering an eclectic mix of unique items including: Maddie Bo’s – Danielle Palmer, M&M Cousin Creations – Melissa Doke; Heather Stec with primitive décor and rustic vintage treasures; LipSense/SeneGence; Betty Bower – Knitted/crocheted items; Usborne Books, LulaRoe, Thirty-One, Keep Collective and Organo Gold Coffee and Tea. There’s definitely something for everyone!
* The Church of the Nazarene invites you to join them on Sunday, December 11 at the church at 10:45 for the Dysart Family “Hometown Christmas” Tour Concert. If you can’t make it to the 10:45 there will be an encore performance at 6 p.m. Sunday evening at The Connection. Both performances will be a time filled with old and new Christmas music, fun and laughter but most of all come and worship with them as they celebrate Jesus’s birth! This is certainly the most wonderful time of the year – so come celebrate! Don’t miss the Dysart Family Hometown Christmas tour concert Sunday morning at 10:45 at the church of the Nazarene and Sunday evening at 6 at the connection.
* Amidst the hustle and bustle of the busy Christmas Season…the Nazarene Church wants to make sure Jesus and his miraculous birth is the focus so don’t miss the fun filled Interactive Christmas Program ”The Way” in a Manger – A journey through Christmas. The journey will be held at the Church of the Nazarene starting in the Fellowship Hall at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14. Get prepared to have a fantastic time celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. Dress for the weather as the journey will take you outdoors Refreshments will follow this moving experience to find “The Way” in a Manger. Bring a friend – everyone is welcome!!!!
* The Sandhills Care Center is looking for volunteers and donations for their activities department. Volunteers are needed to play music, Women’s nails, lead a men’s group, play Bingo, play pitch, help with many other activities. Supplies needed include puzzles with large pieces, checkers, cards, adult coloring books, crayons, senior exercise DVD, DVD player. To volunteer or for more information, please contact Tina Rehkopf, Social Services, phone 402-387-1294 OR if you would like to donate any items, they can be dropped off at the Sandhills Care Center, 143 N. Fullerton in Ainsworth. They are also looking for a barber/beautician to come in on a weekly basis to do resident’s hair. Barber/beautician to set the rates.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Matt and Trish Morrison of Bassett are the parents of a daughter, Britley Lynn Morrison, born Nov. 23 in the Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital at O’Neill. Britley weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces. Grandparents are Daniel and Debbie Morrison of Bassett, and Larry and Cathy Doke of Ainsworth. Great-grandparents are Duane and Patty Swanson of Bassett, Mariel Fegley of Bassett, Fred and Marilyn Morrison of O’Neill, and Jane and Ernie VanHorn of Newport.
* Jeremy and Sarah Jones of Bennett are the parents of a baby girl, Monroe Catherine Jones, born at 4:05 a.m. Monday, Nov. 21, in Bryan LGH Hospital at Lincoln. Monroe Catherine checked in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 19-1/2 inches in length. Grandparents are Tom and Pat Jones of Ainsworth.
your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your
academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the
great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that
fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Classes like (pick
a class from list)