Visitors to the KBRB web site may listen to live newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and all local sports.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Help Wanted: GJW Feed Mill is now hiring full time and part time feed truck drivers. Must have Class A CDL. Experience preferred. This is a great career opportunity in the Ainsworth area as it offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay, benefits to full time employees including retirement plan, paid leave and 90% company-paid health insurance benefits. Call Traci at GJW, llc for an application, phone 402-382-3333 or 402-270-4868. This is an excellent opportunity for reliable and dedicated persons in a progressive company.
* State Farm Insurance in Ainsworth is seeking to hire an administrative assistant. The position is part time, with approximately 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. A high school diploma with basic computer and phone skills are required. Mail resumes to State Farm Insurance, PO Box 186, Ainsworth, NE 69210 or stop by the State Farm office on Main Street to pick up an application.
* Subway in Ainsworth is seeking a full-time manager for the Ainsworth sandwich shop on Highway 20. The position is six days per week, and health insurance and performances bonuses are available. Previous management experience is required, and the applicant must pass a background check and drug screen. For more information or to apply, stop in to Subway in Ainsworth and talk to Gina.
* Help Wanted: Hallock Construction is looking to fill both full-time and part-time positions. If you enjoy doing carpentry work and are ready to roll up your sleeves, call Scott today. Again BOTH part-time and full-time positions are available immediately with Hallock Construction. For more information, call Scott Hallock at 402-760-1391.
* Help Wanted: full time custodial position is available at the Rock County High School in Bassett. Salary will be based on experience, benefits include sick leave, vacation days, personal days and retirement. Hours are primarily during the day but there will be some night time and weekend hours when necessary. This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Send application to Thomas Becker, Superintendent, Rock County Public Schools, PO Box 448, Bassett, NE 68714. Rock County Public School is an equal employment opportunity employer.
* Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth has positions available for LPNs, RNs and CNAs. For more information and to apply visit www.sandhillscarecenter.com or call 402-387-1294.
* Spraying Services now offered: Timing is critical for controlling weeds that infest and invade our pastures. Thistles are an example of a weed in which proper timing of herbicide application can mean the difference between excellent and very poor control of the weed problem. For unrivaled control of tough weeds call on Nebraska Land Spraying, now offering their spraying services right here in the Brown, Rock, Keya Paha, Cherry, Blaine and Holt County area. Call Dustin Spanel at 308-870-1327.
* The Bassett Housing Authority provides affordable, safe housing to qualifying families and individuals. They offer spacious family units as well as 1 bedroom apartments all furnished with stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. Utilities paid, snow removal, lawn care and maintenance included. Income guidelines do apply. To be put on the list as units become available or for more information call The Bassett Housing Authority at 402-684-3329. Their party room is available to the public for rent, very reasonable at just $15. So if you need a convenient venue to hold a meeting or a party call The Bassett Housing Authority to reserve the date for their party room. Again that number is 684-3329. Deb is in the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If no answer, please leave a message and she will get back to you.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Tuesday, March 28 – ADR Cattle Company Bull Sale at the Atkinson Livestock Market. Lunch available sale day. Sale starts at 1 p.m. Selling 75 head of Angus bulls. For more information and catalog go to ADRCattle.net.
* Thursday, March 30 will be the Miller Angus Annual Bull Sale at 1 p.m. at the Valentine Livestock Market. Online bidding available at www.cattleusa.com. Selling 38 yearling and 5 stout 2 year old registered angus bulls. Welcome to view the bulls anytime at the ranch south of Cody or call 402-823-4182.
* Thursday, April 6 will be the Annual TA Cattle bull sale of Thurston and Bassett beginning at 12 noon at the West Point Livestock Auction. Selling 90 red angus, angus and Simmental 2 year old and yearling bulls as well as 70 red angus replacement females. For a catalog go to www.tacattle.com or call 402-922-1000.
* Thursday, April 6 will be the 27th Annual A&B Cattle Bull Sale at the ranch, 7 miles south of Bassett.Selling 120 yearling and 30 ACE advantage registered angus bulls. Wednesday night complimentary refreshments and viewing. Thursday 9 a.m. complimentary coffee and rolls sponsored by Purina then CAB Ribeye sandwiches served at 11:30 a.m. for lunch. Sale starts at 1 p.m. Online bidding available at DVAuction.com.
* Friday, April 7 will be the 5th annual Springlake Angus & Guest Production Sale beginning at 1 p.m. at the ranch in their new Springlake Angus Center, 16 miles north of O’Neill and 12&1/2 East on 887 road. For more information visit springlakeangus.com.
* Looking for local talent volunteers: The Activities Department at the Sandhills Care Center is looking for entertainment for Friday afternoons. This could include but is not limited to one man bands, groups that play instruments, singers, piano players, etc. Any volunteers that would be willing to provide entertainment to the residents. If you or someone know may be interested, please call Macey at 402-387-1294. As always – if you have a special talent, are a member of an organization or would just like to spend some time volunteering please contact Macey in activities to get something set up!
* The Board of Health for the North Central District Health Department will hold its regular and annual business meeting at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 24 in the Westside Restaurant, located at 49134 US Hwy. 20 in O’Neill. A current agenda and meeting minutes are available in the District Health Departments office on East Douglas Street in O’Neill.
* The Ainsworth Women’s Club invites you to join them for their 4th annual Tour of Tables coming up Saturday, March 25. This is sure to be a memorable event filled with fun and fellowship so come with friends! Not only will you go on an enjoyable tour of tables themed “A Song to my Heart” you’ll also enjoy a delicious luncheon prepared by the Women’s Club. Make sure to enter for the luck of the draw basket raffles – just $5 will get you 10 chances! Tickets for the 4th Annual Tour of Tables are available now for just $10 at Ainsworth’s Rodeway Inn. Doors open at 10:30 a.m., event begins at 11:30 a.m. at the Community Hall in Johnstown. If you have any questions, call Sonny Corkle at 402-382-8179 or Ryanne Kerrigan at 760-0499 or visit www.ainsworthwomensclub.com. All proceeds go towards community projects.
* Where can you enjoy great drinks and show your stuff in stereo? At the L-Bow Room in Johnstown with Kopy Kat Karaoke this Saturday night, March 25 from 9 p.m. until 1 p.m. Make sure to come early for supper – order off their awesome menu – make it a Saturday night family fun night. And remember – if the lights are on and the doors open the grill is on – so you can order anytime! Fun times, tasty fare and good company live in perfect harmony at the L-Bow Room in Johnstown. Don’t miss Kopy Kat Karaoke this Saturday night.
* Ainsworth Youth Sports is getting ready for the spring soccer season! Grades K – 6th boys and girls youth soccer registration is now open. Fee is just $15 which includes your shirt. Ainsworth youth soccer is coached by Ainsworth High School students. Boys and girls – kindergarten thru 6th grade can come expecting to have fun, learn skills and of course burn energy! It’s springtime – time for kids to get out and play. Join Ainsworth Youth Soccer today. For a registration form call or text Katie Painter, program director at 402-760-0084. OR pick one up at the Ainsworth City Office. Deadline to register is Monday, April 3.
* Sandhills Rod and Gun Club Spring Trap League will be starting on Wednesday, April 5 and will be running 4 Wednesdays. So get your 5 person teams together. There is just a $50 team fee - $80 individually which includes rocks and meals. This year they’re having ribeye steak sandwiches! Also each shooter must have some sort of membership to the Sandhills Rod and Gun Club. Contact Tim Hinkhouse, Bassett; or Gene Lehnert or Todd Polluck in Ainsworth if you have any questions OR if you have a team OR if you’re interested in being on a team for Spring Trap League at the Sandhills Rod and Gun Club.
* Light em up! The Rock County FFA invites you to take part in their Glow Run Fundraiser coming up April 21 at the Bassett Country Club. You can choose from the 5K walk OR 5K run. Entries are just $25 now through April 3rd and that includes your T-Shirt. After April 3rd, entries bump up to $30 with no T-shirt guarantee. This will be a great night of glow fun plus, it’s the best way to exercise when you’re in the company of friends – AND you’ll be supporting Bassett FFA’s efforts in raising money as all proceeds will be going to Luke and Michelle Bulau to defray medical expenses. Registration forms are available on line by going to www.rockcountyschools.org or on their facebook page. You’re also welcome to stop in at the High School to pick one up. Come join the Rock County FFA for an evening of glow fun!
LOST & FOUND:
* Lost: a new 17.5” tire off of a trailer, lost somewhere between Seidel and Sons Trailer Sales and Valentine. If found please call 308-430-0973.
TO GIVE AWAY:
* To give away: a charcoal grill, iron grates, works well has been a great grill. Also “political yard signs” they would be great for people to recycle and use for garage sales, etc. Call Rolland Paddock at 402-382-1551.
* Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH I. This is a beginning course especially designed for you, who have not had any previous exposure to the Spanish language. Designed to help the novice develop basic vocabulary and good pronunciation skills. This course focuses on practical, real-world language with an emphasis on oral communication. Ideal for business or pleasure. Thurs., 7-8 pm at Rock County High School-Spanish Room. Instr. Sullivan. $40
April 20-May 11 (SPAN5100/17S) CRN#70408
CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH II. This is a follow-up course to Conversational Spanish I; you may enjoy this class if you have had some previous exposure to the Spanish language. Designed to help the novice develop basic vocabulary and good pronunciation skills. This course focuses on sentence structure, practical, real-world language with an emphasis on oral communication. Ideal for business or pleasure. Mon., 7-8 pm at Rock County High School-Spanish Room. Instr. Sullivan. $40
April 17-May 8 (SPAN5100/17S) CRN#70407
SYNERGISTIC WELLNESS. A series of exercises that will focus on strengthening and stretching your total body by using a combination of Yoga, Pilates, T-Tapp, and AIS. Roxy will be incorporating bone health and core development; she will be able to show modifications for the beginner and the advanced student. Students are asked to bring a yoga mat and a stretching band or an eight foot cotton rope. Wed., 5:30-6:30 pm at ESU #17-HWY20. Instr. Theisen. $40
April 5-April 26 (HPER5135/17S) CRN# 70413