Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:35 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
The KBRB 14/92 Coupon winner Friday, August 15, No winner. Where do you want to spend your $14.92?Congratulations and thanks for calling Classifieds.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* A 1996 Ford Utility Van, 4.0 engine, real nice family car. The van needs a transmission, runs in low but not in reverse or high. Van color: white. Asking $250. Call (402) 722-4480.
* A 1998 Nu-Way 5th wheel Camper with two axles, 27 foot long, one slide out and self-contained. Asking $8000 or best offer. Call (402) 684-3711 or (402) 684-2791.
* Kawasaki 4-wheeler, 4x4, 360 Prairie Camo, 1500 miles, very good shape. They have a snow blade available. Call (402) 760-0960.
* One pair of football cleats: 1 pair of Adidas Zero size 11 ˝ football cleats they are red, black and white in color; new bath tub-drains on left side comes with surround hardware everything and two neoprene saddles. Call (402) 387-0940 or in the mornings call her cell at (402) 760-2565.
* Looking For: A 250-bushel gravity wagon and a three-point wire winder. Call (402) 273-4558.
* Looking For: A good used motor for an air compressor, one horsepower, single phase, 3450 rpm. Call (402) 273-4445.
* Ball or Kerr canning jars, quarts or pints. Call Rhonda Kenner at 402-967-3417.
* Woven wire fence. Call (402) 387-0940 or in the mornings call her cell at (402) 760-2565.
* Cottonwood Villa of Ainsworth currently has a full time Medication Aide position available. Day shift. Training provided on site! For more information or to apply stop in and visit with Ann Fiala or call her at (402) 387-1000.
* The Royal Theater is looking for volunteer help. They have great news! The upgraded seats have been ordered! Plans are to install the seats September 3-5. They are looking for volunteers to help remove the current seats Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, August 25 – 27th. If you can help, please call and leave a message at the theater (402) 387-1948 or Jolene Walters at (402) 760-1896. Individuals or groups are more than welcome! They would like to thank you the community for the support given in raising funds for the upgraded chairs. Donations are still being accepted as the floor still needs some work.
* A part time housekeeper and a part time front desk agent. Stop by the Rodeway Inn in Ainsworth to fill out an application or if you have previously filled out an application, please stop by the Rodeway and reapply again.
* The Ainsworth Care Center is seeking caring, dedicated and professional Certified Nurses Aides (CNA ) that enjoy making a difference in the lives of seniors. Perform direct resident care duties under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel. Must be a Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) in good standing with the state. Must be willing to assist others, including co-workers. Must maintain regular and punctual attendance. Work for a facility that truly appreciates all you do. Full and Part Time positions available. Hiring subject to proof of certification, successful background check, reference inquiry and drug screen. Qualified and interested candidates may contact Amanda Tucker at email@example.com or pick up an application at 143 North Fullerton Street, Ainsworth, NE 69210. Ainsworth Care Center is an equal opportunity employer.
* Ainsworth Care Center is seeking caring, dedicated and professional Charge Nurses (RN and/or LPN) that enjoy making a difference in the lives of seniors. Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in residents conditions; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident conditions; provide basic patient care or treatments, including administering prescribed medications; work as part of a team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions; must hold and maintain active state licensure; must have effective communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, physicians, government regulators, incoming visitors and associates at all levels; must maintain regular and punctual attendance. Work for a facility that truly appreciates all you do. Full and Part time positions with the option for benefits available. Up to a $2000 sign on bonus. Hiring subject to proof of licensure, successful background check, reference inquiry and drug screen. Qualified and interested candidates may forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or 143 N Fullerton St., Ainsworth, NE 69210.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* There is a “More than a Garage Sale” at 147 N. Elm Street in Ainsworth. Total Household Dispersion. Starting on August 20 – August 23 and August 27- August 30 from 1-7 p.m. each day. Furniture to sell – tag sale later date.
* A Yard Sale at 840 East 3rd in Ainsworth, west of the Catholic Church. Lots of knick- knacks; dishes; girls clothing; shoes; blankets; gas Weed Wacker (used twice) and etc. Stop by and check it out on Friday, August 22 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* Weiss Garage Sale in the Red Garage at 758 W. 2nd Place in Ainsworth this Friday, August 22 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, August 23 from 8 a.m. to noon. Selling table and chairs; dishwasher; chair; dishes; clothing for high school and college age girls, etc.
* Steinhauser Garage Sale Saturday, August 23, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 724 N. Maple Street in Ainsworth. Selling: Lots of teen and ladies dress and casual clothes. Several pairs of BKE and Miss ME jeans. Comforter set; other household miscellaneous and decorations.
* Saturday, August 23 - there will be a silent Auction and an Live Auction during the Special Youth Challenge Family Fun Days that will be held at Camp Witness near Long Pine. The silent auction will be held from noon to 6 p.m. There is a meal at 5 p.m. followed by the Live Auction at 6 p.m. Selling guns; outdoor equipment; interior décor; baked goods – something for everyone. For auction listings and more information on family fun days go to sycnebraska.com or call (402) 273-4352.
* Consignments items are now being taken. Tasler Auction Service is now taking consignments for their “Boy Toy” auction that will be coming up October 3. The deadline for advertising is September 1st. Call Mike at (402) 340-1821. Some items include guns; sporting goods; horse tack and toys. Also taking consignments for their monthly Hay Auction. Hay, grinding hay, alfalfa and cornstalk bales. The next Hay Auction is Friday, September 5.
LOST & FOUND:
* Found: A white/black dog with a green collar found out by Graff Farms. Call Noah at (402) 760-3817.
* Found: An animal on the street close to our driveway at 181 N. Pine in Ainsworth. May have fallen out of a stroller. If anyone is looking for him, he is on our porch at 181 N. Pine.
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Two mother-in-law tongue plants. Call (402) 387-1861. You can pick up the plants in the Baxter driveway.
* Two black kittens, approximately two months old, need to go to a good home. Call (402) 389-0961.
* Quart and pint canning jars. Call (402) 273-4361.
* The Ainsworth Booster Club invites you to the annual Fall Sports Kickoff this Friday at 6:30 p.m. at the East City Park. All fall sports athletes will be recognized. The concession stand will be open, and there will be numerous kid’s games, including a punt, pass and kick contest and a dunk tank. Admission to the fall sports kickoff is a sports drink. Come celebrate the opening of the 2014-2015 Fall sports season with the Ainsworth Booster Club on Friday, 6:30 p.m. at the East City Park.
* Enter Up! Sparks Old Settlers 127th Reunion is coming up Saturday, August 30 and Sunday, August 31. On Saturday jus a $6 admission gets you into tons of fun! Roping, horseshoe tourney, games for all ages, Jackpot Open Rodeo that includes wild cow riding, sheep riding, barrels, poles, goat tying, ribbon roping, 45 and over breakaway and much more. Buckles will be given for 1st in events ages 15 and under. Entries must be turned in by this Friday, August 22. To enter or for more information, call Katie Morgan at (402) 389-1404. Following the rodeo there is a jackpot team sorting, horse races that include: baton race, 1/4 mile, pony races and fun races. A quilt show will be held at the Sparks Church. On Sunday, Church Service is at 10:30 a.m. Family friendly celebration full of wild rodeo fun at Sparks Old Settlers 127th Reunion.
* Tommy Ward and Eliza Sutton of Ainsworth are the proud parents of a baby girl, Violet Marie Ward, born on August 15 at 4:36 p.m. in the St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln.
* Card Shower for Bee Graff. Cards can reach him at: George (Bee) Graff Room 3296, Good Samaritan, 10 E 31st St, Kearney, NE 68845
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. Aaron is a United States Marine stationed at Okinawa, Japan. (Updated address June 27, 2014).
PFC Goodloe Aaron D.
HqBn3d Mar. Div.
Data Unit 35900
FPO AP 96382-5900
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated address - Nov. 12, 2013).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. An 2003 Ainsworth High School graduate. Brendon is in the Army. (Updated Nov. 12, 2013.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Drive
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is back stateside and is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (updated address-Oct. 11, 2013)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, a 2012 Ainsworth High School graduate. Jared is in the Air Force and currently stationed at a base in Italy. (November 14, 2013)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-November 14, 2013). Drake is in the Air Force.
A1C Drake Fiala
821 Connecticut #80
Holloman AFB, NM 88330-9069
* Updated address for Justin Imm, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-October 21, 2013). Justin is in the Navy.
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Logan Baragar: (updated address: November 14, 2013)
SPC Baragar, Logan
10334 4th Armored Division Rd.
1-71 Cav. Bravo Troop
Fort Drum, NY 13602-5150
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated address-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Mitch Cobb (Army): July 23, 2010
Private Mitch Cobb
APO, AE 09226
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated address - November 14, 2013)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Anderson, Patrick J. (Army) (November 14, 2013). Stationed in Afhganistan.