Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:45 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* For Sale: Weber and Company Real Estate have just listed the Mark and
Jane Lanz residence located just off the East end of South Street in
Ainsworth. 4.5 acres just out of the city limits. A beautiful and
completely remodeled, large 1 bedroom 2 full bath home with multiple out
* KBRB has office space available. Two of our four rental spaces are currently occupied, but anyone interested in office space can contact Graig Kinzie at 402-387-1400. KBRB’s rental rates are extremely competitive, and all utilities are included.
* Wanted to buy: a twin size mattress and box spring. Frame not needed. Call 402-760-2138.
* Wanted to buy: a used toboggan that can seat 2 or 3 people. Call 402-387-2778. Please leave a message if no answer.
* Wanted to buy: a used set of weight lifting equipment. Call 307-331-0640.
* Wanted: Royal Blue yarn, 4 ply. If you have any you would be willing to give away please call 402- 387-1602.
HOUSE FOR SALE:
PRICE REDUCED: Home located at 1306 E. First St., 1,464 square-feet, three bedroom, 1-1/2 bath home with a large living room, dining room, large kitchen with numerous cupboards, laundry room with pantry, natural gas heat, central air, extra-large heated two-car garage, and a single detached garage. For more information or to view, call Connie Dillon 760-1399, Marty Graff 760-1679, or Kathy Burchell 387-2399.
* Help Wanted:
The Rock County Hospital in Bassett
is looking to fill a position in the
laboratory. Either a full time or
part time position is now available
for a medical technologist/medical
laboratory technician. A competitive
salary and benefits package is
offered. If you are interested in
learning more about being a lab tech
at the Rock County Hospital, call
Becki Brich today at (402) 684-3366.
Come see what it’s like to be a part
of a legacy of caring, join the team
at the Rock County Hospital in
* Little Lambs Preschool of Ainsworth is accepting applications for a teaching position. A teaching certificate is not required. Teaching experience is preferred, but not required. For more information, or to apply for the teaching position, contact Julie Ruhter, Karma Schwindt, Cory Schroedl or Susan Zwiebel.
* Help Wanted: a dynamic team player to fill a full-time position available in the dietary department of the Brown County Hospital. Successful candidate must be willing to work morning and evening shifts, some weekends and holidays. Benefits included. If interested please contact Heidi Lauer or Lisa Fischer by calling 402-387-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, quality in community healthcare.
* Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital, Long Term Care in Bassett now has full time and part time CNA positions available. They offer an excellent wage and benefits package too. Day and night shift positions are available. Come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring. If you are interested or have any questions about joining the caring team at the Rock County Hospital Long Term Care please call Brittany Heyden at 402- 684-3366.
* Help Wanted: Madison’s Great Western of Ainsworth is looking for yard help and also straight truck drivers. Both full time and part time positions are available, apply in person by stopping in at Madison’s Great Western, located 1 mile west of Ainsworth, just south of the Coop.
* The Nebraska Department of Roads is accepting applications for a construction tech II in Ainsworth. Starting wage is up to $16 per hour. For a full job description, and to apply, visit the web at www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. State applications are required and will be accepted online until Tuesday, Feb. 16. For more information, call 402-387-2471. The Nebraska Department of Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Beck's Well & Irrigation, Inc. a full-service water well-drilling contractor and a full-service dealer for Reinke Center Pivots, is looking to expand its team of employees. Qualified applicants need to have a valid driver's license with insurable driving record, a CDL driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 12 months, the ability and desire to work in an outdoor environment, the ability to do physical labor, the ability to speak and understand the English language, and the ability and desire to learn how to operate construction equipment of all types, including cranes, backhoes, skid loaders, and telehandlers. Compensation packages includes an hourly wage of between $12 and $20 per hour depending on skills, education, and experience, time and a half paid for all overtime hours each week, health insurance premium assistance of up to $625 per month, a 401K retirement program with employer match of 4 percent, two weeks of paid vacation, and one week of sick leave. Applicants may apply in person in the office 2 miles west of Ainsworth on Highway 20, email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a resume to:
Beck's Well & Irrigation, Inc.
PO Box 27
Ainsworth, NE 69210
* Plains Equipment Group is accepting applications for agricultural technicians in Ainsworth. The positions include performing basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment is required. Applications can be completed online at www.plainseg.com. Plains Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer.
* Looking for work: Will do housecleaning in Ainsworth and the surrounding area including Springview, Bassett, Long Pine and Johnstown. References are available. Call 402-376-4112.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* The 13th annual Logterman Family Hereford and Angus production sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, in the Valentine Livestock Auction. Selling will be 90 Hereford and 110 Angus bulls along with 20 bred Hereford heifers. For more information, call 605-429-3209.
* The 39th annual Koupal Angus bull sale is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15, at the ranch 3 miles south of Dante, S.D. Selling will be 175 yearling Angus bulls and 25 aged bulls.
* The annual Minert-Simonson Angus Ranch production bull sale is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 20, at the ranch near Dunning. Selling will be 140 January-February yearling bulls. For more information, contact Lowell Minert at 308-539-9010 or J.W. Simonson at 308-538-2548.
* Lashley Land Brokers of North Platte will conduct an auction of 444 acres of pivot-irrigated farmland, 135 acres of pivot-irrigated grass, and 882 acres of rangeland in Brown County at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, in the Peppermill at Valentine. Three tracts will sell. For more information or to request an illustrated brochure, call Mike at 308-532-9300 or visit them on the web at www.lashleyland.com.
* Tasler Auction Servie is now taking consignments for the upcoming Holt County Consignment Sale that will be held Saturday, February 27. Let Tasler Auction Service sell your machinery for you. If you wish to consign advertising deadline is Monday, February 8 - call Ron Holtgrew at 402-924-3431 or Tasler Auction Servie at 925-5736. Consignments will be taken right up until sale time but consign today and get in on the advertising for the upcoming Holt County Consignment Sale.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Don’t miss the Ainsworth FFA Potato Bake coming up this Thursday,
February11 at the Ainsworth school Cafeteria during the basketball game.
Just $5 for a trip to the potato bar and that includes your drink.
Serving will be from 5 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. so don’t miss it! Come cheer
on the Bulldog boys and
* Part adventure, part history lesson and part treasure hunt. Doggone Good Antiques and More is heading our way once again to present the midwinter "Antique Market and Road Show" at the Atkinson Community Center February 12 and 13. An expert will be doing appraisals all weekend long valuing treasures brought in by ...YOU! Plus there will be an Antique Market with a wide assortment of vendors so you can shop to your heart's content and find many beautiful and interesting vintage and antique items. So make it a date, bring your friends, come and enjoy the market while you listen to the road show in progress - there will be a food stand too! This Antique Market and Road Show's got it all and admission is only $3 at the door. If you have an antique or collectible that you would like to know more about call Nancy at Doggone Good Antiques in Chambers for details and to schedule your appointment time, phone 402-482-5550. Appraisal appointments are only $10 each. Walk in appraisals time permitting are $15.
* 2016 Heart City Bull Bash is coming up this Saturday, February 13
in Valentine. Make sure to stop in at the Craft Show and visit Anita
Keys. She has over 60 home made jams and jellies including elderberry,
chokecherry, sand cherry, jalapeno varieties, carrot cake, apple cider,
even corncob jelly! She will also have denim hot pads and sleeveless
kimonos as well as Shelly’s goats milk soaps and lotions, organic
laundry detergent and lip balms. The Craft Show will be held in the
Connot Brothers Building, north and east of the fire hall, close to E. B
Street and South Macomb. The craft fair will be
* Fella’s, for Valentines give her head to toe sexy! Give her a gift card to JDeans Gallery. This week JDeans is open DAILY Monday – Friday from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. but Valentine’s Gift Cards are available ALL DAY long at Buckles Automotive Napa and at 1st Class where you can choose from $25 or $50 gift cards. They’re ready to give – complete with Russell Stover Valentines Chocolates. We will be having special 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. hours all week next week making it easier for gift card recipients to come shop OR before hours/after hours we will open up giving you the VIP personal shopping experience.
*The Rock County FFA would like to invite you to Breakfast! Mark your calendars for the Free Pancake Feed coming up Monday, February 22 from 6:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. at the Range Cafe. What a great way to kick off your work week and celebrate National FFA Week! The Rock County High School FFA Chapter would like to take this opportunity to thank the community for their support - they hope to see you at their Free Pancake Breakfast Monday morning, February 22 from 6:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. at the Range Cafe, Clark Street in Bassett.
* KBRB invites everyone to attend an open house to tour the new
studios at 356 South Main Street. The Open House will be held from 1
p.m. until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24th. Refreshments will be
served. KBRB DOES have office space available. Two of our four rental
spaces are currently
* It's SOUP TIME! The Long Pine Volunteer Fire Department brings you their annual Soup Supper Fundraiser coming up Sunday, February 28 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the New Fire Hall! We're talking a Heart Soup Supper that not only includes delicious homemade soups, they'll also be serving a variety of sandwiches and desserts too! So come warm up, fill up! Enjoy the soup supper with friends in the comfort of the new fire hall and help support the Long Pine Volunteer Fire Department. The Soup Supper is by free will donation and everyone is welcome and urged to attend.
* Address for Austin Beard. Austin, a 2014 Rock County High School graduate, is in the Navy and is currently stationed in Bahrain. (Updated May 14, 2015)
* Address for Jared Lentz, Jared is in the Air Force and stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo. Jared is a 2012 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (Updated March 8, 2015).
SrA Jared T. Lentz
1205 Vest Drive, Unit A
Warrensburg, MO 64093
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated - March 23, 2015)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Contact Alan through his family.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. (United States Marine Corps stationed at Okinawa until May 2016). Updated Dec. 12, 2014.
LCpl Goodloe, Aaron
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated - November 6, 2014).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. (Army) (Updated November 6, 2014.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Dr.
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
*Address for Taylor Gross, will be updated when received. He is being reassigned. Taylor is a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force.
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, Drake is in the Air Force. (updated-November 6, 2014).
SrA Drake Fiala
116 Abigail Lane
Panama City, FL 32404
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Updated address for Patrick Anderson, (Army) - (updated, November 6 2014). Patrick is Stationed in at Fort Hood, TX.
P.O. Box 405
Killeen, TX 76540