Visitors to the KBRB web-site may listen live 24 hours a day, with newscasts between 6 and 10 a.m., noon to 1 p.m. and evening news 5:45 to 6 p.m.
Broadcast Weekday Mornings: 8:35 on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are in Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
The KBRB 14/92 Coupon winner Friday, December 6, Allen Baragar of Ainsworth. Where do you want to spend your $14.92?Congratulations and thanks for calling Classifieds.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. One announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Shih Tzu puppies for sale. They have had their shots. Call 402-760-1648.
* The Ainsworth Job’s Daughter’s have fresh Christmas wreaths, centerpieces and decorating kits for sale. Call Peggy at 402-722-4416 and please leave a message.
* A 42-foot storage van and a Johnson Tank Heater, call Dan for more information at 402-340-5746.
* Daniels Roping Chute, like new, with extension. Chute new, $3000. Call 402-382-8107. If no answer, please leave a message.
* Brown County Commissioners are holding a sale of surplus items. Sealed bids will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Monday, December 16 to the Brown County Clerk's Office at 148 W. Fourth Street, Ainsworth, NE 69210. The bids will be opened during the Dec. 17 Commissioner's meeting. Items: An out-of-service ambulance, the ambulance does have transmission problem and will be sold as is; an ambulance module, 7-by-11 foot box that is 70 inches high. The module is off of a one-ton truck; a homemade shop air compressor; a gasoline powered transfer pump; thirty-six, 50-pound bags of glass granule highway safety spheres; sixteen small metal file cabinets of various sizes; eighty-nine, 2 gallon black plastic planting pots; three small mesh tents with metal frames used for weed control biological projects; a steel frame engine stand; a gray and green six-drawer metal office desk in good condition; and a metal pickup tool box in fair condition.
* Puppies for sale. Two male pure-bred mini Australian shepherds, black in color. They will be ready to go Dec. 16. Very good dispositions, have been de-wormed and have two sets of shots. Call 402-382-3386.
* Wood for Sale: 12" pieces, 16-20" pieces, dry. Mixed soft/hard wood. Get a pickup load for just $125. Call 402-760-0796.
* Help Wanted: Ainsworth Senior Center Manager, starting date January 1, 2014. Management or Business Degree preferred. Job specifications: Minimum qualifications shall include the following skills, knowledge and abilities acquired through either formal education and/or prior on-the-job training or work experience; Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision; Must be able to interpret numerous regulations and policies, understanding their effect on day-to-day Senior Center operations; Must have bookkeeping/accounting experience (include payroll); must have working knowledge of basic office practice and be proficient with use of office machines, computer and Quick Books; Must have supervisory and leadership skills, delegating tasks as necessary; Must be able to communicate concisely, effectively and with diplomacy, maintaining confidentially when necessary; Must possess valid driver’s license. Pick up job description and application at the Ainsworth Senior Center, 234 W. 2nd Street in Ainsworth – 402-387-0777.
* Looking for a responsible adult to watch a 3rd Grade boy. Need someone who can pick him up from school. Watching him from 3:15 school dismissal to 4:30 p.m. There may be other times when there is no school occasionally as late as 6 p.m. and an occasional Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Start as soon as possible. Call 402-760-0294 or 402-387-1591. If no answer, please leave a message.
* Ainsworth Care Center is looking for compassionate and dynamic team members. They have immediate openings for Dietary CNAs, benefits are available. Hiring is subject to proof of certification/licensure, successful background check and drug screen. If interested, contact Business Office Manager LaVada McGill at 387-2500 for an application or stop by in person at the Ainsworth Care Center.
* Gene Day will be sharpening chains and blades for chainsaws and lawn mowers starting on Thursday, December 12. He will continue to do this each Thursday throughout the winter. Call 402-722-4480.
GARAGE SALES & AUCTIONS:
* Special Cattle sale at Burwell Livestock on December 13.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* A six month old bared rock rooster. Call 402-273-4125.
* Complete set of World Book Encyclopedias. Call 402-382-1357.
* Ainsworth Youth Basketball Sign ups on Friday, December 13 from 6-8 p.m. at the Ainsworth School Cafeteria. This sign up is for boys and girls 3-6 grade. Paperwork will be there. If you have questions call or text Heather at 402-760-0552.
* Austin and Rebecca Kroll are the parents of a son, Braxton William Kroll, born Dec. 6. Braxton checked in at 6 pounds, 1-1/2 ounces and measured 19 inches in length. Grandparents are Steve and Tonya Larson of Bassett, and Brad and Cindy Kroll of Bassett.
* Get Well Card Shower for Erma Denny, Brown County Hospital, 945 E. Zero Street, Room 2, Ainsworth, NE 69210.
* Address for Aaron Goodloe. Aaron is a United States Marine stationed at Twentynine Palms, California. (Updated address December 4, 2013).
Goodloe, Aaron PFC
29 Palms, CA 92278-8253
* Update for Brandon Glenn (Army) (Updated address - Nov. 12, 2013).
409 S. Lenzer Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
* Address for Brendon M. Coutts. An 2003 Ainsworth High School graduate. Brendon is in the Army. (Updated Nov. 12, 2013.
Brendon M. Coutts
112 Southern Pine Drive
Fort Stewart, GA 31315
* Updated address for Troy Wayman. Troy is back stateside and is stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. Troy is a 1989 graduate of Ainsworth High School. (updated address-Oct. 11, 2013)
Major Troy Wayman
1206 Mountain Ridge Court
Nolanville, TX 76559
* Address for Jared Lentz, a 2012 Ainsworth High School graduate. Jared is in the Air Force and currently stationed at a base in Italy. (November 14, 2013)
A1C Jared T. Lentz
PSC 103 BOX 954
APO AE 09603-0010
* Updated address for Taylor Gross, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate . Taylor is in the Air Force. (updated address-November 14, 2013)
E-2 Taylor Gross
708 S. Ave. 'B'
Portales, NM 88130
* Updated address for Drake D. Fiala, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-November 14, 2013). Drake is in the Air Force.
A1C Drake Fiala
821 Connecticut #80
Holloman AFB, NM 88330-9069
* Updated address for Justin Imm, a 2011 Ainsworth High School graduate (updated address-October 21, 2013). Justin is in the Navy.
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
FPO AP 96616-2876
* Update for Jake Gambill: (Updated: November 14, 2013)
PFC Jacob D Gambill
43173 US HWY. 20
Ainsworth, NE 69210
Jake is in the Marines. Correspondence can currently reach him at his home address.
* Update for Logan Baragar: (updated address: November 14, 2013)
SPC Baragar, Logan
10334 4th Armored Division Rd.
1-71 Cav. Bravo Troop
Fort Drum, NY 13602-5150
* Update for Chris Norton: (Updated address-November 14, 2013
1101 Desert Willow Terrace
Norman, OK 73071
* Update for Mitch Cobb (Army): July 23, 2010
Private Mitch Cobb
APO, AE 09226
* Update for Alan Papstein: (Updated address - November 14, 2013)
Alan is a Sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Sgt. Alan Papstein
180 Indian Terrace
Burlington, IA 52601
* Updated address for Anderson, Patrick J. (Army) (November 14, 2013). Stationed in Afhganistan.